The School of Law at the University of Limerick offers scholarships and prizes to both undergraduate and postgraduate students as an excellent opportunity and motivation to its Law students. Winning any one of these prizes and scholarships will greatly enhance your CV and we are all very grateful to the sponsors of these prizes for their altruism and generosity. Below are details on all the awards and how to apply for them.
- AHSS Scholarships and Fee Waiver Opportunities 2022
- The AHSS Faculty offers Scholarship and Fee waiver opportunities, details of which can be found here here. This applies to new and prospective students and the closing date (2022) is Monday 25th April
- School of Law Funding
- The 'Honourable Mr. Justice John Murray, PhD Fellowship' : The School of Law offers one Postgraduate Research Fellowship each year for doctoral research students which entails an EU fee waiver plus a €5000 stipend for one year initially, up to a maximum of 3 years subject to successful academic progress.
- Tutorial Scholarship: The School of Law offers two fee awards, which, individually, comprise an EU fee waiver in return for up to five hours research support/tutoring per week for ten weeks of each semester: AHSS blog.
- LLM Funding: The School of Law offers a half-fee waiver award to one candidate on the LLM (General) and one candidate on the LLM (International Commercial Law) degrees. See the brochure and application form for further details.
- Eversheds Scholarship: Eversheds Sutherland Solicitors, an international corporate law firm, offers a very generous scholarship to the student registering for the LLM in International Commercial Law with the highest undergraduate Law degree award.
- For general information see: https://www.ul.ie/gps/about/funding-your-postgraduate-degree#scholarships
- Holmes O'Malley Sexton Scholarship
- Holmes O'Malley Sexton LLP offer a very generous award (approx. €2,000 to €2,500) to the Law student on the Access programme who is awarded the highest QCA at the end of the Autumn exams (and who is not in receipt of any other scholarship
- Matheson Solicitors
- A premier international firm with headquarters in Dublin, Matheson Solicitors provides a great opportunity for first year law students who can win a monetary amount. There are student prizes for the highest marks over two Contract Law modules; 1st and 2nd prizes are awarded in the Autumn semester.
- Arthur Cox Prizes
- Arthur Coz Solicitors generously sponsors prizes for students who have a QCA 3.3 or higher in Law Plus after the summer second year exams and in Law and Accounting after third year autumn exams. Students must also be able to show evidence of a significant contribution to UL life and this contribution should have some commercial, organisational, or legacy element.
- Mason Hayes & Curran Solicitors: Company Law Prize
- This esteemed business firm offers a €500 prize to the student who achieves the highest grades in both modules LA4530 and LA4540.
- A & L Goodbody Solicitors Prizes
- This well know solicitors firm generously offers the following prizes:
- An iPad (or similar tablet PC) for the law student who completes first year with the highest academic grades
- €500 for the student (from Law Plus or Law & Acc) who finishes second year with the top marks in Law subjects.
- Bloomsbury Labour Law Prize
- Bloomsbury Publishing offer a prize of a credit with the publishing company to the student who achieves the highest grade in Labour Law.
- Sweeney McGann Solicitors LLB Evening Award
- Limerick based firm, Sweeney McGann, offer a €250 O’Mahony’s bookshop token to the student who completes the first year of the LLB Evening programme with the highest grades.
- Judge Catherine McGuinness Prize
- The School of Law offers an annual prize of €100 to students enrolled on the Law Plus degree programme.The prize will be awarded to the student who achieves the highest marks based on the two clinical skills modules – Introduction to Lawyering I and II.
For information regarding all scholarships and awards please contact Ms. Sinead Eaton at email@example.com