The Information Technology Division and Corporate Affairs engaged with a web development company to develop templates that will suit the needs of most UL websites. These templates were developed to be brand compliant, responsive web design, accessible and to always provide the website visitor with a means of visiting any area of UL.
The University of Limerick Content Management System (CMS) consists of a range of templates to allow units throughout the University to develop individual websites that will
- have a consistent look and feel - Adhere to University of Limerick brand guidelines without needing approval from ITD or Corporate Affairs
- improve the user experience - Allow users of the website to navigate the website with ease without needing to understand the organisation structure of the University
- be accessible and mobile responsive
- standardize the navigation within a site to enhance navigational consistency and usability
- create simple and repeatable processes where web authors have the tools and information they need to effectively manage their own sites.