Charges for Services at the Student Health Centre
The University levies charges to students for all services in the Student Health Centre. The charges vary depending on the service provided and the charges vary from time to time and upon instruction from the University. A summary of the charges are listed below:-
|Doctor - telephone/video consultation
(Any students who are brought in to be seen by the doctor following this consultation will not incur an additional charge)
|Nurse - telephone/video consultation
(Any students who are brought in to be seen by the nurse following this consultation will not incur an additional charge)
|Contraceptive clinic - first time prescription from SHC
Contraceptive clinic - repeat prescription from SHC
|Physiotherapy - initial telephone/video consultation
Phyisotherapy - on site appointment
- Due to the Coronavirus, essential changes have been made to some of our work practices. All payments will need to be made in advance over the phone when booking an appointment.
- Any students wishing to cancel the appointment will incur a card transaction fee of €2.
Medical card holders please note:-
- Medical card holders may use their cards for prescription purposes and for the STI and contraceptive clinics but all other services will incur a charge. Local students with medical cards are advised to visit their own GP. Non-local students with medical cards are advised to register with a local GP.
European Health Insurance card (EHIC) holders please note:-
- EHIC holders may only use their card for prescription purposes. Alternatively, EHIC users may register with another doctor (General Practictioner/GP) locally where they will not have to pay a consultation fee.
- Payment may be made by debit or credit card.
- Payment must be made when booking an appointment. Consultation or service will not be provided without payment being made first.
- Only in an emergency case will another method of payment be deemed (by the clinician) to be acceptable. Where possible, it would be necessary for this to be agreed prior to a service being provided.