The Gender, Culture & Society PhD Discussion Forum is a space for postgraduate research students to establish links across disciplines and faculties, based on a shared interest in the study of gender and sexuality.
The forum is an important academic support network for postgraduate students and involves a range of activities to support postgraduate research including:
- Discussions of theoretical articles or book chapters of interest to members
- Opportunities to practice conference papers and share issues relating to current research
- Peer-led theoretical, methodological and philosophical discussions
- Presentations by members of the forum on their PhD research, followed by discussion with members of the forum
- Invited speakers on topics of interest to members (for example, in the past we have invited past PhD students to discuss the experience of doing a PhD and their experience of the examination process)
- Support in the organisation of conferences and seminars
- Advice and support with funding applications
The Forum is open to all postgraduate students across the university who have an interest in gender and/or sexuality.
For further details about the forum and registration, please contact: Breda Gray at Breda.Gray@ul.ie